Tuesday, February 05, 2008

WHAT AN ELEGANT, SWELLEGANT PARTY, IT WAS…





As some of you may know, I was shortlisted for the RNA Romance Prize this year, along with a handful of other fabulous Mills & Boon authors – Lucy Gordon, Julie Cohen, Kate Hardy and Fiona Harper and so, on Monday I left my sleepy little village, boarded a train and set off for London.



The train was a little bit late. The taxi driver discovered the road to my daughter’s office – she was coming with me – was blocked and we arrived at the Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington, barely in time for the official photographs and a glass of champagne before we were summoned to lunch.



We were all very bad and didn’t go and sit down, but stood about taking photographs of each other and talking like mad and the very forceful lady Toastmaster had to get quite firm with us, but even when we were sitting down the noise level didn’t subside. My ears are still ringing slightly…

Here are some moments from my day. First a hug from my daughter. Then a glimpse of the table and me with the red rose that was waiting for me there.

Kate Hardy and Karin Stoecker (Mills & Boon) chat over lunch.

Julie Cohen and Anna Lucia, me with Fiona Harper and although I’m sure you know this already, the winner of the Romance Prize was


KATE HARDY with BREAKFAST AT GIOVANNI’S

There wasn’t a dry eye in the house.

8 comments:

Snookie said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures Liz. Congratulations to Kate Hardy and all of you who made the finals :)

Wolfy said...

Congratulations to Kate Hardy for the win, and also to all of you that were finalists. What an honor.

Thank you for sharing the pictures with us, looks like a fun time.

Kate Hardy said...

Thanks, Liz. And I wish I'd had more time to chat to you. NEXT M&B party...

Estella said...

Thanks for sharing, Liz.

Jan Jones said...

And it was so nice to see you there, Liz, but where did the time go???

Liz Fielding said...

Hi Jan -- didn't the time fly! there were so many people I said little more than "hello" to, and so many I didn't see at all.

The fact that the train was late was partly to blame, I'd hardly arrived and we had to sit down for lunch and once trapped at a table it's hard to talk to anyone but your immediate neighbours -- shouting across the table hardly seemed appropriate!

Next M&B party, Kate...

Dena said...

Great pics Liz, I'm sorry you didn't win but it did go to another wonderful author. Congrats to Kate.

Susan Rix said...

You all look so happy & beautiful, Liz. Thanks so much for sharing!

Love,
Sue xx