Thursday, May 24, 2007

SORRY...

I'm sorry if you've been visiting the blog and hoping to find some sparkling words of wisdom. I'm just a bit stretched at the moment. The book -- the one with the purple shoes that I had to suggest titles for this week, despite the fact that it's not finished -- Three Weddings and a Baby? -- is due instantly. And I've also been blogging over at eharlequin during May. In fact I've got a couple of competitions going over there, so you might want to check that out!

Meanwhile, I'm posting a first glimpse of my August US cover of Reunited: Marriage in a Million. I'll be blogging about that soon.

5 comments:

Anne McAllister said...

Do hope you get it finished and sent sooner rather than later, Liz. I totally understand the exhaustion and the "WHERE is the end of this book?" feeling. Just been there, done that!

Good for Ellie for blogging for you!

Ally Blake said...

You can do it Liz! I have faith!

Ally

Liz Fielding said...

Thanks for the faith, guys!

I've reached that rather excellent stage where I can list all the scenes that have to happen for Sylvie and Tom to have their happy ending. I know what I have to do. I just have to apply my butt to the seat and do it.

Liz

Anne McAllister said...

I did that, too, Liz. That's when I discovered I needed 15K more words and only had 5K worth of space I hope you planned ahead better than I did.

Go for it!

(I just cut out two exclamation marks, but I think the last one can stay)

Liz Fielding said...

I'm applying the butt to the seat, Anne, and something is happening. More words. More pages. Meanwhile, I'm out there hanging in space waiting for that moment, that turning point when he finally breaks down, confusion is wiped away with the tears and all is well.

Wonderful and awful at the same time.

But the six thousand words I left should be enough. Please...

And once that is done, I get to have some fun with the ending.

Wednesday. It has to be done by Wednesday. The end of the month is Thursday but a journalist is coming on Thursday morning and I'll need to do some deep dusting...

And then it's June and the sheikh. I'm waiting for him to reveal himself and reading Mother Without a Veil for inspiration. Maybe I should put a handful of sand in my box...