Wednesday, April 27, 2011

ROYAL WEDDING

I've just order my Royal Wedding mug from Mills & Boon.  It's elegant, simple and I need a new mug, but like everyone, as the day draw nearer I find myself more and more caught up in the excitement. I've been going back through pictures of royal brides, married within my own lifetime (just) - and here are some of them:


The Queen and Prince Phillip  


Princess Margaret and Anthony Armstrong Jones











Princess Alexandra to Angus Ogilvey










Prince Charles to Lady Diana Spencer
















Prince Andrew to Sarah Ferguson











Prince Edward to Sophie

















In the early hours of this morning there was a major rehearsal for the wedding - the soldiers, airmen, cars and carriages taking the route that Catherine and William will take on Friday.  Making sure that everything will go without a hitch.

Let us hope that their marriage will proceed as smoothly, riding over the bumps of everyday life to come smiling through. 

11 comments:

Nas said...

Thanks for sharing the lovely photos. My favourite was Princess Diana's Wedding Dress, in addition to the first picture of the Queen's veil.

Liz Fielding said...

Diana's dress is fabulous. I saw it when it was on exhibition - along with the bridesmaids and pages outfits. The shoes were stunning!

I did love Sophie's medieval dress, too.

Apparently someone has placed a huge bet that Catherine will be wearing the Queen's Russian fringe tiara on Friday.

It broke on the Queen's wedding day and a jeweler had to be summoned to fix it before she left for the Abbey.

Unknown said...

The dresses are so lovely, I am recording the event to watch later in the day lol I'm only really watching to see the fashion and Wedding dress :D
leanne_gag[at]hotmail[dot]com

Kaelee said...

I hope to watch it live but it will be an all nighter for me. Coverage starts at midnight and goes to 8 in the morning.

Vince said...

Hi Liz:

It's only a few hours away now. I hope everyone is still up.

Vince

Liz Fielding said...

Up at six on the big day! Fingers crossed the rain holds off in London. They should have got married in Wales where we're having glorious weather!

Kaelee said...

It was a wonderful wedding. Lots of golden moments throughout the 7 and 1/2 hours I watched and then I saw Will and Kate in Prince Charles's Aston Martin with the Just Married sign. Glorious feel good day!

Liz Fielding said...

She was just so beautiful. it was just a lovely, lovely day. Even the dh sat through the wedding, utterly entranced.

Vince said...

Hi Liz:

Did you notice that Kate looks very much like your North American heroine on the cover of “Tempted by Trouble”?

I have them posted side by side on my blog.

http://vmres.blogspot.com/2011/05/tempted-by-trouble-cover-challenge.html

Vince

Liz Fielding said...

Heavens, Vince, you're absolutely right. :)

Jarvis said...

I'm glad this news story is over, personally. Kate is the cutest tho, hands down.