Friday, August 13, 2010

ONE OF THE JOYS...

...of a writer's day, week, year is the arrival of foreign translations. Exotic covers. Different artwork. This week I've had SECRET BABY, SURPRISE PARENTS in Dutch, A WEDDING AT LEOPARD TREE LODGE in Italian and my absolute favourite of all foreign editions, a Japanese Manga edition of my 2005 Rita winning book, THE MARRIAGE MIRACLE.

My story, envisaged in manga-style artwork so that I can actually follow it.

Here's the Harlequin Comics website so you see just how gorgeous they all are.

THE MARRIAGE MIRACLE is now available as a Kindle Edition
in the UK and the US along with a range of backlist books that have been unavailable for some time. I hope they will be available in other formats - when I have a link I'll post it here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely gorgeous cover! I loved that book. Manga? How fantastic is that? You must be so thrilled.

Kate Hardy said...

I have Manga envy! Brilliant, Liz :)

Lacey Devlin said...

That's a great Magna cover. I'll have to check out the website.

Vince said...

Hi Liz:

Not so fast on “THE MARRIAGE MIRACLE”! Kindle won’t release it until August 23rd. That’s a long time to someone who likes eBooks because they are available instantly.

BTW: I’d love to read “A WEDDING AT LEOPARD TREE LODGE” in Italian. It is fun to see how much the translators changed the book. Don’t think it has to be a word for word translation. Perhaps I can get it from Blackwells. That book is ideal for international distribution. The location is exotic to almost everyone in the world! I hope you do more ‘Escape’ books.

Vince

Liz Fielding said...

Thanks for checking the date, Vince. It's not just The Marriage Miracle that being released on Kindle, but a whole rack of back list books, so I'm pretty excited about that.

I did go to the eHarmony, the Italian website to check whether they are doing eBooks - they have started in Spain - but couldn't see anything. Shame, it would be a great way for expats to be able to buy books without the expense of postage.

No more Escape books in the works at the moment, but I having been working on something set in Rome - sadly the Volcanic Ash Cloud stopped my trip there earlier this year.

Chris Stovell said...

Love it! Lucky you!

Bluestocking Mum said...

How exciting. Lovely covers.