Sunday, August 08, 2010

MILLS & BOON STUFF

I love Mills & Boon stuff.

I have a sweet little wallet made from the cover of The Temp & the Tycoon by Bookity which I carry everywhere. This is one for sale on her website.

I even have a jigsaw (awaiting a dull winter day to complete) and really wish Mills & Boon would produce a good quality mug for the inspiring cups of tea. Fine white china with the new logo - one of each series, maybe.

Maybe they should take a leaf out of the music business book and sell merchandise!

Clearly there is a taste for it.

Checking my Google Alerts this morning I found this sewing table that someone has made using old Mills & Boon covers.

If I had some room I would so love this!

The centre lifts off to store sewing materials - or in my case it would be writing stuff.

A secret place to tuck away drafts, research books, notebooks and all those pictures of gorgeous hunks. :)

For more pictures click here

And don't forget to check out the New Voices competition that Mills & Boon are running this autumn.

I'll be doing my bit with a chat and mini workshop at Carmarthen Library tomorrow (Monday 9th August 11 - 12.30). You'll find other workshop dates all over the country with M&B authors on the Romance Is Not Dead website

8 comments:

Rebecca Ringler said...

I love it! I sure am sorry I rid of my old favorites. My parents neighbor put it in their garage sale once. I forget the title & author, but I would love to reread it even now.

Lexi said...

Oooh, thanks for the reminder about the Mills & Boon competition!

margaret blake said...

I'd love to have a mug, not so sure about the coffee table!

Liz Fielding said...

Some of those old M&Bs are worth quite a bit to collectors!

Liz Fielding said...

Looking forward to reading the entires, Lexi! Good luck.

Liz Fielding said...

Actually it's a work table, Margaret. I don't think I'd want it in the living room :)

Paul Smith used to do a range of clothes, shirts, boxers, suit linings with a Mills & Boon retro cover print. The dh is perhaps fortunate that I didn't discover this until they were all sold out.

Chris Stovell said...

Oh, what inspired ideas... I wonder?

Btw, lovely photo of your beautiful grandchild below - what makes me smile is how like you she is!

Lacey Devlin said...

That table is so clever! I love it. One of the wonderful things about M&B is that the stories are just as fabulous no matter what year they were published.