Saturday, February 07, 2009

Romantic Novelists vote Richard Armitage Sexiest Thing On Two Legs

British actor Richard Armitage has leapt from last year's 4th place to this year topping the ratings in the Romantic Novelists' Association 2009 Valentine's poll, to take the title of Sexiest Thing on Two Legs, beating top Hollywood stars to the number one spot.

Johnny Depp, who topped last year's poll, was pushed firmly into second place, with Hugh Jackman and George Clooney mere also-rans. Richard Armitage took 20% of the vote, more than double the count of any other male on the list, said the RNA pollster. He was a clear winner from the off.

The RNA is not alone in admiration of the actor, as numerous online Richard Armitage fan sites will testify. The ardency began with North and South, grew by leaps and bounds with the leather-clad baddie in Robin Hood, and shows no sign of diminishing as Spooks takes to the airwaves.

It's a coup for Britain, said one starstruck writer, not just for sexy Richard.

According to romantic novelists, the sexiest male celebrities of 2009 are:

1 Richard Armitage

2 Johnny Depp

3 Hugh Jackman

4 George Clooney

5 Daniel Craig

6 Sean Bean

7 Alan Rickman

8 David Tennant

9 Pierce Brosnan

10 Gerard Butler

And for those of you who have never heard of or seen Richard Armitage check him out on You Tube

5 comments:

Merri said...

A man with a British accent is a sexy man indeed! :-)

Anonymous said...

I need to get my nose out of my books, b/c I don't know who some of these men are! And the ones I HAVE heard of, well, I haven't seen all of them perform.

Sigh,

Penn

Donna Alward said...

A fine choice! There is never any shortage of North and South discussion. The only downside is every time it happens, I'm tempted to pull out my dvds again and again...

Personally I would have moved Sean Bean and Daniel Craig up the list...

Snookie said...

Don't know any of 'cept Pierce Brosnan cause he owns land here and we have to collect water samples off his property and Johnny Depp cause the boy has seen Pirates movies ad nauseum! Like Penn, my nose is usually in a book when I have free time and working working working when I don't!

Liz Fielding said...

I have to admit that there's a large majority of English/Irishmen, in that list.

But George Clooney is a perennial fav, as is Johnny Depp. And the incomparable Hugh has appeared in Paperback Hero (as a romance novelist), in the towel with John Travolta in a great movie called Swordfish, as Wolf Man in the X files and now in "Australia".

And you shouldn't missed Gerard Butler in PS I Love You -- although frankly, he's the star turn in the second Lara Croft as a very sexy bad guy.