HERE COME THE BRIDES!
First thank you to so many readers for taking the time to answer the questions and enter our HERE COME THE BRIDES contest.
Clearly there are a lot of you out there who know a good thing when they see it and you entered in droves. There can, however, be only three winners and
they are --
Drawn on my website -- Crystal Broyles
Drawn on Anne's website -- Laurie Bertram
Drawn on Kate's website -- Stanislava Ivanova
Congratulations to all of you. The books will be reaching you in the next week or so.
But the game isn't over yet. There is still the diabolical quiz devised by the GROOMS and you have until 10th February to seek out the answer and win nine books (yes that's nine books each!) And, as with the BRIDES, you get three chances to win -- one on each of the blogs: mine, (Anne’s), and (Kate's).
There are nine questions – three from each Groom. That’s just one for each book you can win, which seems reasonable to me. Some of them have two parts, so make sure you’ve got all the answers before you send them in. For nine books you’re going to have to work harder! The answers can all be found on the blogs– or by using the sidebar links.
When you’ve got all the answers, email them to us on our websites (there’s a sidebar link to mine on the blog) or, in the case of Anne's you can just click on the "Contact Anne" tab on her blog and then send the email from there. Don’t forget to put GROOMS CONTEST in the subject.
So, go for it. You have three chances to WIN a pile of great books. From me you'll get a collection of “Groom” books: A Suitable Groom (it wasn’t issued retail in the States and these are my last copies); Her Wish-List Bridegroom (which was shortlisted for an RT Reviewers Choice award) and, Her Corporate Bridegroom.
Anne has chipped in with a three-in-one book containing three complete novels: The Cowboy's Code, containing Cowboys Don't Quit, Cowboys Don't Stay and The Cowboy and the Kid (Romantic Times's Best Series Novel of the Year) PLUS a copy of Theo Savakis's book by the author whose name you have to figure out.
From Kate each winner will get her best-selling Alcolar Family trilogy: The Twelve-Month Mistress, The Spaniard's Inconvenient Wife and Bound by Blackmail.
Here are the Groom's questions: --
1) Which book, also being published in February has a hero called Theo Savakis (who is NOT ME because he is going to marry Miranda Weston and I am going to marry MARTHA!) and who is the author of that book?
2) My (Theo's) sister was the heroine of an earlier McAllister book. What's the name of the book -- and the full name of my sister?
3) McAllister says there is "another hero" in The Santorini Bride (which isn't true, by the way). What breed of dog is Ted?
1 Where did Kate celebrate a book launch party this month and which famous novelist did she meet there?
2. What award did Kate's February release - The Italian's Forced Bride win?
3. If the winner of The Brides Contest has already read The Italian's Forced Bride, Kate will give away a copy of her March M&B Modern release which also had Bride in the title. What is the name of this book – and what is the name of it’s hero?
AND MAX'S QUESTIONS:
1) St Valentine’s Day is a worldwide phenomenon, but Liz lives in Wales and they have their own special day for lovers in January. What’s the date? And what is the name of the saint involved?
2) The Valentine Bride (the book that Louise and I share), is the last one in a mini series. What was the series called? Name another author who wrote a book in that series (you've got seven to choose from!)
3) Liz wrote a special online story The Cinderella Valentine to set up this series. What are the full names of the two characters who met and fell in love in my Chelsea restaurant?
That's it. Go to it!