Thursday, March 22, 2018

Exciting news!

Yesterday was one of those very special days for an author. I took a call from someone I'd never met, who had called me from the USA to tell me that my book, The Sheikh's Convenient Princess, had been shortlisted for the Romance Writers of America's prestigious Rita award.


There are some big gaps in my life, people who are no longer around to share this wonderful news, but I called my daughter and we shared the excitement. Then, all day, I had wonderful messages from friends in the business from every corner of the world, from my editors and all the people I care about.

I'll be going to the awards ceremony in Denver in July and signing books at the Literacy signing and I hope to meet some of you there.

Here, meantime, is the book.

And here's what one reader said about it.

"I'm not a great one for stories of Sheikhs and princesses but this story completely stole my heart.

This book is the 65th book by the amazing Liz Fielding, and she has always seemed to have the ability to create a tale that involves characters that make you root for them, whilst still making you want to cry (or at least sniff a little).

Yes, I admit it. Even this tough old bird (me!) couldn't help but shed a tear at one point.

I love that Liz Fielding dedicated this story to her readers. I loved it. I loved the insightful, honourable Bram. I loved the resourceful, pragmatic, phoenix-like Ruby. Most of all I loved the pair of them fighting for family, and ultimately each other.

Five stars, and a book for the keeper box (or in these digital days, the favourites folder)."

4 comments:

Rhi said...

Congrats, Liz! So excited for you!

Beth Adams said...

I just picked this book up after seeing it on the nomination list, and I finished it today. Such a wonderful book, and absolutely deserving of the nomination! I actually came to your website trying to see if some of the secondary characters have their own books, like Princess Violet and other Garland Girls.

Thank you for writing such a great book, and congratulations!

Liz Fielding said...

Hi Beth. Thank you so much! I'm thrilled you like the book enough to chase down secondary characters. Yes, Violet has a story - Chosen as the Sheikh's Wife. It's a novella and teamed in the States with a novella by Patricia Thayer.https://www.amazon.com/Becoming-Tycoons-Bride-Marriage-Bid-Chosen/dp/0373177151/

There are a lot of books in which the Garland agency gets a mention - one even, in which the heroine works for Amanda's husband and he helps her make a stratgegic getaway (The Sheikhs Unsuitable Bride). The first Garland books was Dating Her Boss and then Amanda Garland's own story in The Baby Plan. They have turned up in other books on and off, but they are the two big ones.

Thanks again! I am grinning like a loon!




Liz Fielding said...

Thanks, Rhi - I am so excited. :)