Saturday, July 26, 2014

Backlist Books Fest!

Harlequin are continuing their re-release of my backlist with three new books in July and August.

In the UK they've started using pretty new covers to give the books a fresh new look and I'm absolutely delighted with what they've done with The Three Year Itch and All She Wants for Christmas  Don't be fooled by the title, which marketing changed from Trouble in Paradise when a December slot opened up. This book is set on a Caribbean island made for two and has nothing to with Christmas. At all.

In the US, Harlequin have taken the opposite tack and are using the original covers and Dating Her Boss happily is one of my favourite covers. A real classic.

Interestingly, catching up on these books, I've realised how much the Romance line has changed since I started writing for Harlequin Mills & Boon.

The heroes in these books are much more like Presents/Modern heroes - alpha, arrogant, tortured men.

For me, the men changed when I began writing scenes from their point of view. My first dual vp book was Eloping With Emmy (which is, incidentally available at the moemnt as an ebook for 99c) in which the hero took the lead vp role and we saw him falling in love - and knowing that it was all going to end in tears

4 comments:

Donna said...

Love the old books Liz; more Romance in them,& more authenticity. Like your trilogies.

Liz Fielding said...

Thanks, Donna. They are certainly different - I hadn't realised how different until I was editing early books for re-release. :)

Michelle Douglas said...

I love Emmy with all of my madly beating heart -- one of my all-time fave romances. And Fab news that there are more Liz Fielding's available. Shall dash out to grab them. :-)

Liz Fielding said...

Thanks, Michelle. I need to get with re-editing The Bride, the Baby & the Best Man so that I can get it out there. :)