Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Tempted to Write


Mills and Boon are running a new writing competition starting on January 20th - check out the Twitter hashtag #TemptedtoWrite where you'll find the best advice from published authors.

Here's my first one to get you started:

 "Begin your story at a moment of crisis, a point in time when your character's life is about to change forever."

 It's from my Little Book of Writing Romance - here's the Amazon link if you want to read on, but it is available at all ebook retailers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great competition. Thank you for posting the details. Does the Modern Tempted line editor still want stories where the bedroom door is firmly closed? (flirty and sweet as opposed to hot and steamy) I have the guidelines from when the line was called Riva, but can't find any guidelines specifically for Modern Tempted. Would quite like to enter the competition but need to be sure about the type of story they are looking for. The last one I read (and loved) was Anything but Vanilla.
Janet Ch.

Liz Fielding said...

Thanks for dropping by, Janet! The guidelines for Modern Tempted (Kiss in the States) is definitely bedroom door wide open. My new book, out in March - For His Eyes Only - is much sexier than anything I've written before.

Anonymous said...

Thank you :) That's so helpful.

Unknown said...

Thanks Liz! Is the contest open to everyone? (US and UK and elsewhere?) By the way, I bought the Little Book of Writing Romance book and have read it over and over! I learn something new each time I read it. :)

Liz Fielding said...

LeAnne, I can't find a link with any rules, but I've left a query on the twitter link #TemptedToWrite @millsandboon. You can also follow this on Mills and Boon Facebook page.

I'll get back to you when I get a response.

Liz Fielding said...

LeAnne, it's open to everyone. Good luck!