Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Time to focus...

That's it. The fun and festivities are all over for another year. My "vintage" books have been launched with a big fanfare of freebies (I hope you managed to grab them while they were going - A Stranger's Kiss is still at 99c)  and it's time to get back to work and focus on the job in hand.

The big news is the launch of the brand new KISS series in the US next month. My first book will be ANYTHING BUT VANILLA, the second of my "ice cream" books. More about that when I have a cover to show you.

Right now, I'm giving my all to Natasha, my sassy, sparky heroine of my new book. When an error at work leaves her out of a job (and unemployable) she has to prove herself all over again, and convince the reclusive Darius Hadley to give her a chance to put the damage right.

Meanwhile, it's time for resolutions and mine is to get more pages written, which may mean a little less time spend messing about on social media - lovely though that is. If I don't get the pages written, there will be nothing for me to chat about. :( What about you? What are your writing ambitions this year? Tell me about your project - I have an ebook download of Liz Fielding's Little Book of Writing Romance and I'll put all your names in a hat and draw a winner next Saturday (5th January).

10 comments:

Fiona Marsden said...

Have been slack with writing over the holiday season. I need to finish revising two books. Am waiting to hear back on my SYTYCW entry full request. I need to get focussed on a stack of partials and decide which to work on. Already have your Little Book so don't worry about entering me in the draw.

Alexandra said...

I'm a bit of a plodder when it comes to writing and reading and my aim is to work/read faster. I have a few projects that I would like to see completed. Quite how I'm going to achieve speed and quality might be an interesting exercise! I have your Little Book of Writing Romance already. Wishing you a happy and successful 2013.

Alexandra

Liz Fielding said...

Wishing you both every success in 2013 with your projects. And I'll subsitute another book if you've already got the Little Book!

Happy New Year. :)

Cheryl St.John said...

Is this book available to purchase?

xoxo
Cher :-)

Donna said...

Happy New Year; & hope your book sells well. 'Tis good that your relaunches have been a success.

Lacey Devlin said...

Happy New Year, Liz! May it be another great one for you :)

Liz Fielding said...

Hi Cheryl - did you mean the Little Book (answer yes, as digital) or Vanilla. Vanilla will be out as a Kiss title in the US in May. :)

Liz Fielding said...

Happy New Year, Donna!

Liz Fielding said...

Hi Lacey! Happy New Year!

Liz Fielding said...

Oops, Saturday slid by in a haze of cold relief. Lacey, Cher - do you have the Little Book? If not, I've got copies for both of you.