Saturday, March 10, 2012

SIX SENTENCE SUNDAY GOES WILD!

I think of the three Beaumont Brides cover, WILD LADY is my favourite. I just love how that guy is smiling, how happy he is to be with that woman.

Here's a six sentence Sunday snippet so that you can get to know them better, too:-

 Offering up a silent prayer that it wouldn't shake, he raised his hand, holding it out in a wordless demand that she bring her dress to him. Surrender completely.
For one long moment she made him wait, made him endure the torture that he had inflicted upon himself, before bending gracefully to pick up her discarded dress, carrying it towards him in two outstretched hands like a precious votive offering from some heathen priestess. But if her stance was that of a supplicant, her eyes were not downcast, they were bright and knowing and her lips were set in a provocative curve. For a moment his resolve wavered as he realised that she had not surrendered. The game had simply moved onto another level.

I've dropped the price on WILD LADY for this weekend's six sentence on Kindle and at Smashwords, to introduce a newly edited version (although the spelling is still English/English!), so if you like it, fill your boots and tell your friends!

And do go and visit the other Six Sentence Sunday writers - it's a great way of finding out whether an author's voice grabs you.

11 comments:

Teresa F Morgan said...

I had to buy at a bargain price! I enjoyed Wild Justice so this one should be fun too. Especially with that snippet!

Liz Fielding said...

Thanks, Teresa!

Linda Morris said...

I really, really like this! Very slow and lets the tension build beautifully. (And I agree, the cover is wonderful!)

Joya said...

Awesome excerpt, Liz! Sounds like things are heating up between them. Thanks for sharing. :)

Kathryn R. Blake said...

Haven't read any of the other, but I couldn't resist snatching up Wild Lady at that price. Great six, Liz.

Liz Fielding said...

Thanks so much, Linda! Wish I could have posted the whole scene. :)

Liz Fielding said...

These two are fencing from the word go. He won this round. :)

Liz Fielding said...

Thanks, Kathryn! The first book, Wild Justice, is a freebie download so no reason not to start at the beginning. :)

Karen de Lange said...

Oh, I love this! Incredibly sensual detail.

Sherry Gloag said...

Oh! I missed the offer because I was out all day yesterday, but hey, I like that he miscalculated and knows it. Great six.

Natasha said...

I've read the first three, having trouble getting the last one about Heather! Great books, had me hooked from the first page x