Friday, February 10, 2012

THE RoNA ROSE AWARD

I’ve been sitting on some big news for weeks but today I can announce that Flirting With Italian has been short-listed by the Romantic Novelists’ Association for the RoNA “Rose”, their annual award for short romantic fiction.

Some of my favourite writing colleagues have also been nominated, so whichever name is in the envelope on the big day – 5th March – it will be a celebration. On the day I’ll be travelling to London to lunch with Romance HQ, then onto the awards reception, and finally having dinner with more writing friends. Definitely what used to be known as a Red Letter Day!

Here are the rest of the finalists –

Kate Hardy - A Christmas Knight
Jessica Hart - Ordinary Girl in a Tiara
Jan Jones - The Kydd Inheritance
Sarah Mallory - The Dangerous Lord Darrington
Mary Nichols - Winning the War Hero’s Heart


 


10 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

Man congratulations, Liz! Delighted to hear your news.

Alexandra said...

Congratulations on the shortlist and best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,

Big congrats and you are on a list with some great authors ( I still hope you win it!)

margie stewart said...

Huge congratulations, Liz!

Nell Dixon said...

Yay, congratulations!

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Congratulations. Fab news.

X

Nas said...

COngratulations and all the best for FLIRTING WITH ITALIAN!

Caroline said...

Yay! Huge congratulations Liz. Caroline x

Liz Fielding said...

Oh my goodness. Thank you all so much. It really is a terrific shortlist and I'm proud to be with such fabulous authors. And I'm so looking forward to a day in London with some of my favourite people.

Jan Jones said...

Me too, Liz, it is very lovely company to be in :)