Thursday, June 16, 2011

ARE YOU A HARLEQUIN ROMANCE FAN?

At a time that's seeing a huge growth in the market for romances that don't focus on explicit sex but on the relationship between the hero and heroine, fellow HR author, Donna Alward, is writing an article for Romantic Times BOOKclub magazine about the very special appeal of Harlequin Romance, the series that started it all.

For those of you who don't know this, many of the books published in the Cherish and Riva series (including my own) are published as Harlequin Romance in the US so, like Donna I'm eager to hear exactly what it is that, no matter what other books or Harlequin series you read, you still come back to Harlequin Romance, or Cherish or RIVA authors such as Jessica Hart, Nina Harrington, Fiona Harper and myself.
.
You can leave a comment here, or email me on liz @ lizfielding dot com.  I will need an email addy so that Donna can contact you for permission to quote.  Or you can go direct to the source on the eHarlequin website and leave a comment here

6 comments:

Phillipa said...

I have never understood why books are so stranded - apart from very eeroic ones. I read M&B Romance, Presents, Us contemps, chick lit and I *really* don't care how much sex there is in them or if the characters have other partners (but not at the same time, that doesn't float my boat.) As a reader, I don't see any difference between your books LIz, and Katie Fforde's or Jill Mansell's or Jill Shalvis or Rachel Gibs for instance. What matters to me is a well-written book, with a very distinctive voice and characters that feel real.

Nas said...

Hi Liz,

I guess Blaze, Desire and all other lines have their own charm. But when we pick up HR, (Harlequin Romance) we know we will be getting an emotionally fulfilling, sweet love story with the bedroom door closed without losing any sensuality in the story.

And for me personally, I know that this is the book I'd be able to share with my teenage daughter.

Vince said...

Hi Liz:

“Harlequin Romance is where it all began. It’s the essence of romance. Each story is 100% about the magic of falling in love. Harlequin Romance is not about mysteries, suspense, vampires, erotica, science fiction, or anything else other than romance! Harlequin searches the English speaking world for the best romance authors and then it lets them weave their magic. If you just want to read a great romance, Harlequin Romance will never disappoint.”

Philosophy of Romance

Nell Dixon said...

For me it's the deeper sensuality and sense of connection that the romance line has. The characters always feel like people you could know, have dinner with, meet on a school run. There's a real sense of passion and tenderness that sometimes a more explicit book can lose by using sex as a metaphor or cypher for that closeness.

Vince said...

Hi Liz:

“The more romances you read, the more you’ll enjoy Harlequin Romance’s world class authors. It takes a Global Village to supply the world with romance.”

Vince

Vince said...

Hi Liz:

“Only Harlequin Romance delivers the love with a difference you can feel. You don’t really read them; you let them happen. Each romance is an experience.”

Vince