Monday, April 18, 2011

A LAZY WEEKEND

So, here I am, ordered to keep my foot "up".  This is strange territory for me.  I'm not given to lying on the sofa (give or take the odd "nana" nap at the end of the day).

I watched the Grand Prix - great result! - and I read.  A lot.

First up, I finished Michael Dibden's Aurelio Zen - And Then You Die.  The books are nothing like the television series, but I love them.

Then I read Marrying a Prince by Sophie Page.  Lovely, lovely romance with a deliciously gruesome New Year's party involving Scottish country dancing.  It's years since I've danced an eightsome reel, which is the best fun, but then I didn't knock off the Queen's tiara.  Blissful.  Hated when it ended.

After that, I caught up on Sue Grafton's alphabet murders, with U is for Undertow.  Not quite as scary as some of her earlier books, but it was high standard.  Hope for a new one soon.

Then I read the latest Kate Hardy medical, The Fireman and Nurse Loveday.  A delightfully warm and emotional romance with a scrumptious hero, exactly what you'd expect from Kate - and with the lovely St Piran, Cornish setting.

Then I downloaded an excerpt from Major Pettigrew's Last Stand.  I love that about Kindle.  You can try a chunk before you buy.   And of course I bought.  (You can download a big excerpt of my Beaumont Brides books and give them a go, too.  They'll be available on Smashwords for all eBook platforms soon.  I'll tell you when.)

I just wish I hadn't had to stick a garden fork in my foot to get all that wonderful reading time!

7 comments:

desere_steenberg said...

Hi Liz,

Get better soon and enjoy the reading time !

Desere

Nas said...

Hi Liz,

Wow! What a list of books. Next time you want to read, just lie on a lounger and read, no need to play around with the garden fork first!

Get well soon!

Lesley Cookman said...

Agree totally about To Marry a Prince, Liz. Best book I've read in ages (except yours, of course!)

Lacey Devlin said...

I hope your foot heals quickly Liz. Happy reading =)

Michele L. said...

I sure hope your foot is feeling much better. Don't forget to do some exercises while sitting in your chair. It helps your body to stay limber while you are healing.

What a great reading list! I havent' read any of the books you listed. They sure sound good and some I am putting on my To-Buy list!

Liz Fielding said...

Lesley, you are a shocking flatterer - but I love you!

Liz Fielding said...

Thanks for all the good wishes. The foot is much better now - sore but not swollen and infected - and I'm getting about again.

I am loving Major Pettigrew and sneaking reads every minute I get.