Thursday, November 05, 2009

BRIEF POST...

...to wish you all a wonderful and safe Bonfire Night. I'll be chained to my laptop because having delivered The Bachelor's Baby Proposal (working title) on Monday, I started SANTA'S SECRET ELF on Tuesday, which has to be in eds hand by mid January so that you can read it next December.

Heroine Lucy Bright
Hero -- uh-uh. He hasn't appeared on page yet and I'm still struggling for his name -- need to check brilliant suggestions offered by you all earlier in the year.

Setting -- a fabulous London department store in the run up to, you've guessed it, Christmas. (Second Christmas book in a row. I must be mellowing in my old age -- and you still have time to win a copy of Christmas Angel for the Billionaire, so scroll down to the previous post and check it out.)

LISTENING TO: Nothing. I had to set up my computer after major problems and somehow the leads from the speakers didn't get attached and I am so not going under the desk. But singing Jingle Bells a lot to get me in the mood.

READING: Just finished Heaven Can Wait by Cally Taylor -- cried through the entire last chapter. In middle of Girl From Mars by Julie Cohen, which is making me laugh a lot, but has a deep sadness, too. In awe of her writing. Just broken down and ordered the hard back of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

WATCHING: Garrow's Law, Spooks, Muriel's Wedding.

8 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

t the hero got to be a Kris? lol

Lacey Devlin said...

Ooo I love the setting!

Unknown said...

LOL, Nell. Nice one!

Liz Fielding said...

Uh-oh. The dh has been using the laptop to check his mail again. For Napier John, read Liz Fielding :)

Liz Fielding said...

I'm really looking forward to the department store setting, Lacey. Especially at Christmas. Magical.

Donna Alward said...

You KNOW I'm so excited for this book, Liz!

Hmm. Do you know anything about the hero? A hint you can give us to inspire a name?

Liz Fielding said...

Thanks, Donna. Well, he's a security consultant and he's working under cover in the store and he when he spots Lucy using an old trick to get into the staff areas, he's convinced she's up to no good -- and decides to find out what it is.

Ally Blake said...

Oooh love the setting Liz!!! And the set-up is delicious. Can't wait to read it already!

Ally
xxx