Monday, August 25, 2008

LIZ'S wii fit DIARY

Week 2

I've now completed 5 1/2 hrs of exercise and the great news is that I'm still finding it fun. The weight fluctuated a bit, on a bit, off a bit -- but that's normal over a week. I wouldn't normally recommend weighing more than once a week, but the wii does it every morning and it certainly makes me think twice before indulging in the Saturday night curry.

I did hit my weight loss target for the month in two weeks, but then today I was up again a bit. I expected it and I'm not daunted. The thing is that the jeans have some slack around the waist and a pair of trousers I'd stopped wearing because they were a bit tight around the backside are now back in service. And the dh says I'm looking terrific (that's got to be good!)

The bad news -- and you knew there was going to be bad news, didn't you? -- is that I pulled a muscle under my right shoulder blade. Ouch, ouch, ouch -- I staggered off the wii to have that damned woman yelling me to get back on... Like that was going to happen.

Anyway, I had to put all muscle exercise and yoga on the back burner and instead just keep on with the aerobic stuff. I miss the boxing, though! And I seem to have completely lost it on the ski slope.

So I've lost 5lbs, my legs feel much stronger, the jeans fit and the muscle is easier. Bring it on...

3 comments:

Snookie said...

what a great compliment from your dh! Take care of your shoulder. You are an inspiration for me to do something as soon as I my foot heels and I get the dr. OK!

Jan Jones said...

I think I'd yell right back at that woman if she stopped me eating my Saturday night curry!

Look after the shoulder, Liz.

Snookie said...

I just realized i spelled heals wrong! heals not heels... I'm in a cast for 3 to 4 months, but 7 weeks have gone by already and I'm thinking positive that I will be out of it in another 5 weeks :)