Tuesday, June 12, 2007

BREAKFAST AT GIOVANNI'S

Somehow, in the mad rush of finishing one book, starting another and dealing with revisions for the "purple shoes" book -- pretty much what I expected (I know, I know, so why didn't I do it the first time...) -- I've managed to squeeze in a "treat" read. BREAKFAST AT GIOVANNI'S is by the delightful Kate Hardy.

It has just about everything -- but for me the Italian food was a big turn-on! I'm not sure why Kate is writing for Modern Extra. She has that wonderful tender touch which makes her a shoe-in for "Romance". But then, of course, she does do true sensuality so very well.
Our loss it their gain...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Liz!

As for the food... remember the conversation we had about Giorgio Locatelli? His book is my lunchtime read - me, a salad, the dog and a gorgeous Italian chef. So you might see an influence there :o)